Missions of the workshop:
To assess the state of the art in computations of viscous flows around a ship hull and
to accelerate research and development of numerical ship hydrodynamics.
Latest News !!!
18 January 2005:
- The remarks for Fig. 3-12 is added.
17 January 2005:
- The range of Figs. 5-2 and 5-7 are corrected.
- The origin of coordinate system of test case 4 is corrected. ( The origin is FP not midiship )
13 January 2005:
- The experimental result for Fig. 1.2-1 and Fig. 1.3-1 was transformed in the earth-fixed coordinate. The new file name of the data is "wpro2340_earth.dat".
28 December 2004:
- The instruction of Test case 3 is revised. ( The axis size in Fig. 3-11 is corrected. )
22 December 2004:
- The instruction of Test case 3 is revised. ( The range of Cp ( β = 0, x/LPP=0.4 ) in Fig. 3-8 is corrected. )
20 December 2004:
- The instruction of Test case 4 is revised. (File names of Fig. 4-6, 4-7, and 4-8 are corrected.)
- The instruction of Test case 3 is revised. (The range of CX in Fig. 3-1 is corrected.)
13 December 2004:
- All of common grids in Test Case 5 were modified.
- The deadilne of Test Case 5 was postponed till January 15, 2005.
10 December 2004:
- The instruction of test case 1.4 is revised ( Fig. 1.4-2 is corrected).
- The instruciton of test case 3 (Fig. 3.2 and Fig. 3-4) is revised.
08 December 2004:
- The axis size is corrected in Fig. 3-12.
07 December 2004:
- The axis size and horizontal range are corrected in Fig. 1.2-5.
- The axis size and horizontal and vertical range are corrected in Fig. 1.3-3.
06 December 2004:
- Range of CN in Fig. 3-1 is corrected.
03 December 2004:
- An application form to attend the workshop is under construction. It gets available soon.
- The instruction of test case 3 is revised ( Fig.3-05 was corrected) .
- The instruction of test case 3 is revised ( Fig.3-02 was corrected) .
02 December 2004:
- The instruction of test case 3 is revised ( Fig.3-10 and Fig. 3-11 were corrected) .
- The experimental data for distribution of the side force component(for test case 3) is corrected.
01 December 2004:
- Nominal wake coefficient ( 1 - Wn ) is updated in Data and data uncertainty for propelled KCS integral variables .
- The value of UD for Fig. 1.1-10 is updated.
29 November 2004:
- Submission instructions get available.
29 November 2004:
- The instructions of all test cases are revised. General information and the format for integral variables are added.
26 November 2004:
- The computational grids in Test Case 5 are available .
- The deadilne of Test Case 5 was postponed till December 31, 2004.
18 November 2004:
- The information of accommodations is updated .
16 November 2004:
- The instruction of test case 3 is revised ( Fig.3-3 and Fig. 3-6 were updated) .
11 November 2004:
- The instruction of test case 3 is revised (Some sample figures were added, and the axis size of Fig.3-7 is shrunk to 80 percent of prior one.) .
10 November 2004:
- The instructions of test case 1.4 and 2 are revised.
08 November 2004:
- Definition of ΔY is added in Test case 3.
01 November 2004:
- Fig. 4-9, 4-10, and 4-11 in test case 4 are readopted.
- The instructions of test case 2 and 4 are revised.
(File names, vertical range, and counter levels in Fig. 2-1. / Fig. 2-4 is port side view.
Fig. 4-9, 4-10, and 4-11 are added. )
- The hyper link to answer sheet in questionnaire page is corrected.
28 October 2004:
- Paper format and questionnaire page gets available.
22 October 2004:
- Details and submission instructions of each test cases are updated. We are sorry for inconvenience caused by the delay of the announcement.
05 October 2004:
- The deadline of data submission was postponed from November 1 to December 3.
- The submission instruction, together with other items in the test cases and data section, will be uploaded on October 15. Also, the questionnaire and the paper format will be sent to the participants at the same time.
06 September 2004:
-Model wetted surface area of DTMB for Test case 4 is corrected.( S0= 1.3808m2 --> 1.3707 m2 )
24 August 2004:
-Condition in Test case 4 is revised.( A = 0.006 LPP --> Ak = 0.025 )
23 August 2004:
-The center of the pitching moment in Test case 4 is revised.
17 August 2004:
-Incident wave length and wave amplitude in Test case 4 are appended.
27 July 2004:
-Experimental results of forces and moments in Test case 3 are revised.
26 July 2004:
-Coordinate systems and experimental results of forces and moments in Test case 3 are revised.
21 July 2004:
-Test cases and data page was updated.
5 February 2004:
-Data page was open.
15 December 2003:
14 November 2003:
-Registration page is open.
10 November 2003:
-Participation inquiry page was closed.