- 2019/03/28A statistical database of global winds and waves, GLOBUS, has been released.
- 2019/03/28Program of NMRI method for calculating the added resistance due to waves during sea trial (speed/power trial) is released.
The program is coded according to ITTC Recommended Procedures and Guidelines (7.5-04-01-01.1; 2017) and certified by ClassNK.
- 2018/10/12Expanding the scope of ISO9001 for tank tests in waves
-Quality Improvement for Evaluating the Ship Performance in Actual Seas-
- 2018/8/30“MOLTRUTH”, the containership whose structural strength was analyzed using DLSA-Basic, earned "Ship of the Year 2017"
- 2018/5/24NMRI Researchers Received the Best Paper Awards and the Best Paper Award for the Youth (Inui Award) from the Japan Society of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineers
- 2017/11/17Dr. Akiko Konnai, Chief Researcher of the System Engineering and Safety Technology Research Group, Marine Risk Assessment Department, received the Certificate of Merit for Outstanding Presentation from the Power and Energy Systems Division, Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- 2017/10/27Dr. Chikahisa Murakami, Group Leader of Ship Structural Standards Development Group, Structural Strength Evaluation Department, received the International Standardization Contributor’s Award from Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- 2017/10/27Ms. Eiko Saito, Researcher of Knowledge System Research Group, Knowledge and Data System Department, received the Freshman Presentation Award from Japan Institute of Navigation.
- 2017/10/11Dr. Kohei Matsuo, Chief Researcher for Structural and Infrastructure Technologies, Core Manufacturing Technology Department, received the Inspiring Visionary Award from HANSA, a maritime magazine in Germany.
- 2017/08/28Dr. Susumu Ota, Director of Center for International Cooperation, was honoured with “Tenth National Maritime Awards” from the Prime Minister